Terms and Conditions of Auction/Buyer
Please take note of the following:
1) To register as purchaser:
– a copy of ID
– proof of residential address (FICA DOCUMENTS)
2) Buyer pays
– Bid price
– 10% on top of the Bid price
3) Methods of payment
All items have to be removed from the auction premises on date of auction, alternatively by not later than a maximum of 2 days (inclusive the auction date) after the auction, if arranged. Failing, a storage fee of R150/day/item will be applicable.
Additional fees will be charged for delivering of goods, if requested.
4) By partaking in bidding the purchaser acknowledges that he/she is satisfied with the condition of the item/s and that he/she cannot or will not for whatsoever reason withhold payment.
5) The risk of profit and loss in respect of the item passes to the purchaser on the fall of the hammer. However ownership only passes to the buyer after due payment. The auctioneer accepts no responsibility for the items lost or damaged after they are knocked down. No items may be removed until the Auctioneer is satisfied with the payment thereof.
6) All items are sold “voetstoots”, no guarantees provided.
7) The Auctioneer represents the Seller at all times as his/her agent.
8) All items are sold subject to confirmation by the SELLER.
9) A bid made cannot be withdrawn.
10) The Auctioneer in his absolute sole discretion may decide on any matter arising from the auction.
11) The Auctioneer in his sole discretion reserves the right to allow / disallow any person on the auction premises.
12) The highest bidder will be the purchaser, subject to reserve prices or confirmation by the SELLER.
13) Any person attending the auction or present at the auction premises acknowledges that Stilbaai Auction House or any Seller/person/legal entity cannot be held responsible for any damages suffered whilst on the premises and therefor enter the premises at his/her own risk.
14) The auction is subject to a right to bid by or on behalf of the seller or auctioneer, in which case the seller or auctioneer, or any one person on behalf of the seller or auctioneer as the case bay be, may bid at the auction.
15) The Seller and Purchaser herewith agree to the jurisdiction of the Magistrates Court (Act 32/1994) should action be instituted by the Auctioneers, although the Auctioneer may litigate in any competent Court.
16) All bids are exclusive of VAT (if applicable).